Information for Dynamics 365 courses
When, as an MCT, you launch a lab for any of the courses listed below, the class lab key must be added to your class in order to get access to the "Admin" user for the tenant provided for all students in that class.
MB-210 MB-220 MB-230 MB-240 MB-901 Once logged into the LMS, click on the Instructor Home icon in the top right hand corner.
If this is the first time you have used the Instructor area then you will see the following screen:
This is where you need to create a class. Click Add One. (If you already used the instructor area before click + Create)
Enter the access key for your class.
Select the date the class/course will start. Enter any notes you may feel useful in the future then click the confirm check box and click Create Class.
Your live classes will now be presented to you. Click Start.
You will see a tenant will be assigned to you:
You will now be able to see the admin credentials for the tenant.
If you receive the following error then you have not created a class correctly in the Instructor area:
Due to this new solution, we are unable to provide 180 day access for the labs listed above.
If there are any issues with Dynamics Tenants, this workaround should be used.
- 2.Click on the Sign up here link.
- 3.Click on the No, continue signing up link.
- 4.Complete the Welcome Form with your details. Keep your location as the USA.
- 6.In the Verification Form, enter your mobile phone number and validate using the verification code that is sent to you. @@@warning Note: Microsoft will not use your mobile number for any activities other than sending a verification code. @@@
- 7.When prompted, click the Set Up button.
- 8.When prompted, select All of these - Show me everything!
- 9.Click the Complete Set Up button.
- 10.Once setup has completed, close down your browser (please close the browser even if you get a 'We are having trouble signing you in message')
- 1.Open the browser and navigate to the following URL:https://portal.office.com/
- 2.When prompted, sign in with the username and password you created above.
- 3.Close any Office 365 dialogs or popups that appear.
- 4.Click the Dynamics 365 logo button.
- 5.Click the Dynamics 365 - custom App to use for this course.
- 6.For Dynamics Sales courses select the Sales Hub app.
Congratulations! You now have your own instance of Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- 1.In the top right-hand navigation select 'Advanced Settings'
- 2.Under Settings select Data Management
- 3.In the Data Management window navigate to 'Sample Data'
- 4.In the Sample Data dialog click the 'Install Sample Data' button
- 5.Close the Sample Data dialog and navigate back to the Dynamics 365 home page
- 6.Refresh the browser until you see the charts on the home page dashboard come alive with data!
FinOps labs have been very complex problem. However we are pleased we now have a solution.
This applies to courses MB-300, MB-310, MB-320, MB-330. These are Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations courses.
These lab environments are wholly self-contained Windows machines, which contain an installation of Dynamics 365 apps and SQL Server with demo data.
Update: LCS exercises have now been removed from Dynamics Labs.
Issue: There is as yet no solution for the Lifecycle Services labs.
- MB-300T01 Module 2
- MB-300T03 Module 3
A support plan may be needed for the LCS labs. “You cannot sign into Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services because your account does not have the required associated CustomerSource or PartnerSource support plans. Microsoft Accounts (MSA) (such as Live or Hotmail) are not allowed to use Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Service without a support plan. For more information, please refer to this announcement.”